Shaping the Future of Imaging
Our faculty draw on decades of leadership in medical physics to train the next generation of experts on the latest in diagnostic imaging, radiology, nuclear medicine and radiation therapy.
A medical physicist needs a comprehensive understanding of the relevant technology, procedures and patients to deliver effective care. As a Georgetown student, you’ll learn everything from fundamentals to advanced applications from faculty who have been driving innovations in medical physics for decades.
The Georgetown Difference
Through our CAMPEP-accredited two-year program, you will:
- Become an expert in anatomy, physiology and physics as they apply to radiology, particularly diagnostic imaging.
- Get hands-on diagnostic imaging experience with MRI, CT, X-ray, fluoroscopy and other equipment with our partners at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital and other local providers.
- Learn how to set up and run a medical physics research program.
- Gain a holistic perspective on hospital-based radiology, with special focus on medical ethics and regulatory compliance.
- Explore the critical but underserved subdiscipline of pediatric radiology with our experts and partners at Children’s National Hospital.
Medical physicists find impactful and profitable employment. Medical physicists at hospitals earn more than $190,000 per year on average, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Resources for Medical Physics Students
As a Georgetown student, you’ll benefit from our well-connected faculty and the professional development experts at the Biomedical Graduate Education career center.
Want to learn more about the M.S. in Medical Physics at Georgetown? We welcome you to connect with us and schedule a personalized tour with our faculty.